If you constantly find yourself struggling with dental erosion and tooth decay, a highly preventative treatment that can be used to protect your smile from any risks associated with cavities exists in the form of dental sealants. Dental sealants are applied directly to the chewing surfaces of teeth to dramatically improve their look. To learn more about the benefits of dental sealants, look below:
– Dental sealants are designed to provide a coating atop your teeth to protect vulnerable chewing surfaces from tooth decay.
-Dental sealants are safe and effective for all ages and have been shown to lower your risk of tooth decay by as much as 80%.
– Studies have shown that dental sealants in place on children can make children 3 times less likely to suffer cavities on protected teeth.
– Sealants are effective as soon as molars begin to appear in your mouth, which typically erupt in children around the age of six.
– Dental sealants are durable and can last up to 10 years before a replacement may be required.
– Dental sealants go on clear so that the natural shine of your teeth can continue to emanate through.
If you would like to set up an appointment with Drs. Mistr and Bollinger at our dentist office in Winchester, Virginia for dental sealants, please call us at 540-545-4600. Our team at Winchester Dentistry looks forward to helping you get the smile you want.